You are at: Planned Giving > Learn About Wills and Bequests
What are the benefits of making a bequest?
- You leave a lasting legacy to be remembered.
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family.
- You may receive estate tax savings.
How can I learn more?
How do I make a bequest?
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to family, friends or The Visitation Academy of St. Louis County as part of your estate plan.
What are my options?
A bequest can be made in several ways:
- You can gift a specific dollar amount or asset.
- You can gift a percentage of your estate.
- You can gift from the balance or residue of your estate.
- You can make a beneficiary designation of certain assets.
How do I get started?